Saturday, October 24, 2009

A little taste of heaven :)

This weekend has given me another little taste of heaven! Thursday I made some cookies for missionary companions still in the field and called to get updated addresses before sending them off (this week was transfers). When trying to find out if Sister Foy had been transferred or not I heard from a member that she went home...I immediately thought the member had just misunderstood, but in talking with the ward mission leader in the ward had the news confirmed. I immediately began stalking the Foy family in every possible way but one, I did not YET go to there house, only 15 miles away! I decided enough was enough and I would have to wait a day before going to that point....she called back :) We talked and talked and talked and then hung out the following day. Being with mission companions is a little taste of heaven! It's especially great when you live close and are able to see each other over and over again :)
Today one of my roommates took me on a hike...my first AZ hike! It was absolutely beautiful!!! It was an average hike, only took about 1 1/2-2 hours, nothing big and crazy. The view was great though and the weather was perfect...I'm guessing 80/90s with a nice little breeze as we approached the top and all the way back down too. What a sight to behold up at the top! I LOVE it down here in AZ!

No comments:

Post a Comment