Saturday, October 17, 2009

I love to see the Temple

I'm not sure exactly when the obsession started, but yesterday I was yet again surprised by how great it is to be at the Temple! My first time going through the temple was the day before Thanksgiving 2007. Dad was there to pull me through the veil. Everytime after that until I went on my mission (about 4 times) he was there for me. Then while in the MTC I was blessed to attend the Provo Temple twice...it's pretty cool going through the temple as a set apart full-time missionary! At the close of my mission I went through the Boston Temple with 4 Elders also going home and the Longmores (an office couple). The next day I flew home and went to the Sacramento Temple...Dad was there to pull me through again :) Each time I went to the Temple I was either with my biological family or mission family...until yesterday.

Yesterday I entered the Mesa Temple for the first time...very beautiful! I was all by myself (physically). I had no family with me and my parents were not inside waiting for me. I was a little nervous, not going to lie. I didn't know who I would ask questions or who would be waiting for me in the Celestial Room. I kept asking people where to go because I felt like I was in a maze, but no matter how lost I felt or how much I looked for family I felt the love of the Lord and the peace He always promises us! As I walked out of the Celestial Room and down the stairs to get changed and leave I stopped and asked a random worker a simple question...I wasn't prepared for how much she was about to share with me. She answered my question, but it didn't stop there...she gave me some tips for the rest of my life. She talked to me just like Mom, Dad or Sister Longmore would have talked to me! As I looked into her eyes I saw Heavenly Father looking out for me and reminding me that He will provide for our physical needs too...when our family can't be by our side He'll always provide another! I love my Heavenly Father and I LOVE LOVE LOVE being in His home more than any place on this earth!!!

1 comment:

  1. LUCKY! I know who I'd like to have pull me through the veil :P
    Elder Kelsey and Elder Hancock are gonna try to be there with me my first time. I look forward to that day. Isn't Boston Temple (and all temples) great?!

    I love it. I'm reading Boyd K. Packer's The Holy Temple. I'm on fire with this stuff, I'm tellin' ya.

    Did I mention Brother Capener is now Bishop Capener?

    ReplyDelete